Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheaper Travel Tip #2

All right! Are you ready for my next tip?


Join their team!


That's right! In my last travel tip I suggested signing up for mailing list and liking your favorite places on facebook but if you do your research you can go one step farther. Many places have customer loyalty perks just waiting to be used.


I will remind you that the suggestions I make here are ones that Ben and I have actually used so it's like I am an expert. Many hotels, in particular, will offer discounts and free night stays if you stay with them often.
Vagabond Inn offers the tenth night free AND they are pet friendly! We have stayed with them a number of times and are very close to getting that tenth night.
Best Western offers a night free after three stays with them. We have only stayed at Best Western once in Arizona but we have no complaints.

Sheraton offers a plan called Starwood Points that allows you to earn free nights (among other things) just by staying at their hotels. We stayed at the Sheraton in San Francisco and it was worth every penny (and also pet friendly!).



Of course, the most beneficial to us, has been Alaska Air Miles. Check with your airline to see if they have a frequent flyer program and USE IT!


You may be thinking. "But we don't travel that often. It will take us forever to earn anything free." To that I say, Quit being a poop! It may take months or even years but when you get your free flight or free night in a hotel it will be worth it. Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment